Brain Wafers are a nutritional supplement in the form of an oral lozenge. They are designed to help increase two excitatory neurotransmitters (acetylcholine and dopamine) for increased brain and body energy. As a lozenge, it is very important to let it slowly dissolve in the mouth (do not chew). Please see the Science info page for details.*
ORAL ABSORPTION: Brain Wafers use the benefits of oral absorption (see the Science info page for details). In wafer form (lozenge), the primary advantage is greater duration of ingredients in the mouth, resulting in increased absorption and quicker effects.
CONVENIENCE: Brain Wafers come in single-serve pouches. The pouch is only 2.5" square, so they can easily fit anywhere. Truly On-The-Go Energy for Brain & Body. BTW, our company’s name, 2pt5 Health, was inspired by the size of the pouch! We pronounce it, 2 point 5 Health.
YOUNGER: You sometimes overexert mentally or physically, and need an occasional boost. Take a Brain Wafer as needed.
OLDER: You need memory support, and may benefit from the regular use of Brain Wafers. Take one or two wafers at the start of the day and maybe a second one later in the day.
EVERYONE? So, pretty much everybody. Anyone who needs more energy and alertness. Convenient Brain Wafer pouches are on-call for whenever you need a natural boost of neurotransmitters.
Note: Some people may not notice anything dramatic, but when they look back 4-8 hours after taking a Brain Wafer, they may realize that they were able to perform better.
Timing is also important. Take a Brain Wafer when your energy level is low, or you are lacking in motivation to complete an important project or going to the gym.
▪ Are you a slow starter? First thing in the morning, start your day with a wafer! Do a wafer before breakfast and really wake up. Since Brain Wafers work better on an empty stomach, this is a great time to take one.
▪ Did you party too much last night? Drink a full glass of water and then slowly suck 1 or 2 wafers. Before you know it, your brain will perk up.
▪ Are you physical? Before working out or playing sports, do a Brain Wafer just before any physical activity, and then maybe a second one 30-60 minutes later.
No! Unlike most energy drinks and shots, Brain Wafers contain no caffeine. The body can habituate (develop a tolerance) to regular caffeine consumption, which means you have to take more and more of it to get stimulated by it. The ingredients in Brain Wafers are natural and the body will not habituate to them. Also, caffeine “pushes” the body to release adrenaline, whereas the ingredients in Brain Wafers work with the body to manufacture it. That’s why there are no jitters and no crash from using Brain Wafers.
Yes! Brain Wafers contain no caffeine, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no artificial preservatives.
We only use natural sweeteners, including dextrose, a simple sugar that is chemically identical to glucose (the sugar your brain prefers). Brain Wafers also contain xylitol (a naturally occurring sugar alcohol found in many fruits and vegetables), and monk fruit extract (luo han guo).
Your brain runs mostly on oxygen and glucose (also called blood sugar). Brain Wafers are meant to be taken on an empty stomach. The small amount of natural sugar in Brain Wafers helps the brain to process the other nutrients in the formula. Regarding the quantity of sugar in one wafer (2 grams, 8 calories), it's about 1/10th of the amount found in a medium-size apple. So, one apple has ten times as much sugar as in one Brain Wafer.
Slowly dissolve 1 wafer in the front of your mouth. The longer it stays there, the greater the effect. So remember, don’t chew the wafer! Also, it’s better to take Brain Wafers on an empty stomach.
While there is initial nutrient absorption in your mouth (sublingual and buccal), what is not absorbed there will be absorbed in the stomach and intestines. If the stomach is full, it will delay the passage of the nutrients to the sections of the small intestine where most absorption takes place. Also, one of the main ingredients in Brain Wafers is the amino acid L-tyrosine. If there is protein (various amino acids) in the stomach and small intestine, the tyrosine is less likely to be converted into catecholamines (a class of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters, which include epinephrine and dopamine). Wait at least 15 minutes after taking Brain Wafers before eating food.
People often notice that they become more alert and energized within 15 minutes. However, it may take up to 30 minutes to reach maximum effect. If you need a greater response, do a second wafer.
For most people, the effects last 4 to 6 hours, but some people just 2 hours, and others, 8 hours or more. Comments about the effects of Brain Wafers include increased mental focus, awareness, and concentration. Many people also experience more mental and physical energy.
Of course, everyone differs somewhat in absorption and metabolism, but most people find that 1 or 2 Brain Wafers per day is sufficient. However, if needed, taking up to 4 wafers in a day is perfectly safe, as long as none of the cautions apply to you (see the following question).
First of all, we recommend Brain Wafers for adult use only. Second, while we only use safe and natural ingredients, some individuals may want to check with their physician before using. These people include:
- Pregnant or nursing mothers.
- Taking MAO inhibitors or other mood altering medications. (Tyrosine can be converted into several neurotransmitters that can have mood altering effects.)
- Have hyperthyroidism, a thyroid disease. (Tyrosine is used in the body’s manufacture of thyroid hormones.)
- Have melanoma, a skin cancer. (Tyrosine is used in the body’s manufacture of melanin, a skin pigment.)
The reason why we have these cautions is because Brain Wafers contain tyrosine, an amino acid. However, we do this out of an abundance of caution. The amount of tyrosine in a single Brain Wafer is considerably less than what people get every day in their diet. For example, 6 oz. of salmon or lean chicken breast have five times as much tyrosine as in one Brain Wafer. Even a cup of firm tofu has more than four times the tyrosine.
Yes! Brain Wafers are proudly manufactured in the USA, in an accredited GMP facility.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are guidelines that provide a system of processes, procedures, and documentation to assure that the product produced has the identity, strength, composition, quality, and purity that it is represented to possess. Our manufacturer has the following credentials:
- NSF GMP Registered: Section 8 of NSF/ANSI 173 is the only accredited American National Standard in the dietary supplement industry developed in accordance with the FDA’s 21 CFR part 111 Code of Federal Regulations. Based on independent facility audits, our manufacturer meets all requirements of the NSF Dietary Supplements GMP Registration program. NSF’s expert auditors visit the facilities at least twice annually and assess personnel, physical plant and grounds, equipment and utensils, production and process control systems, holding and distribution, return of product, product complaints, records and recordkeeping, and recall procedures.
- NSF GMP for Sport Registered: As an NSF GMP for Sport Registered Facility, our manufacturer has met GMP audits of production facilities and review that no banned substances are stored or manufactured at its facilities.
- Drug Manufacturing License: Our manufacturer also holds a Drug Manufacturing License issued by the State of California Food and Drug Branch, and is registered as a Drug Establishment with the FDA.